Thank you It’s Koo Reviews for tagging us! We’re so excited to participate in this book tag and ask our own questions.
- Thank and link the blogger who nominated you
- *Include the tag graphic in your post*
- Answer the 10 questions the blogger asked
- Nominate 5-10 bloggers
- Ask your nominees 10 book related questions
- Don’t feel bound to these rules
- Have fun!
*We didn’t see the graphic and were unsure where to find it. That’s why we created our own to go along with the tag.*
1. I’m stealing from Kat and would like to know, do you have a favorite book quote? If so, what is it?
Claire: “Life is a book and there are a thousand pages I have not yet read.” — Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Princess
Christy: “And in that moment, I swear we were infinite.” ― Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower
2. What is the first book you can recall that made you realize you would be a lifelong reader?
Claire: I am totally blanking on the series’ name, but I was obsessed with those middle grade books that were written as diaries. The diaries were from the perspective of famous women in history. My favorite was the Anastasia Romanova diary!
Christy: A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket. I was obsessed with those books as a kid and still have all of my original copies. In elementary school we had an assignment to write to our favorite author. Snicket wrote me a letter back and I was the only one in my class to get a response.
3. What was your first 5-star read this year and why?
Claire: This has been a great reading year, but I think my first 5-star book was Glimpsed by G.F. Miller for its adorable romance and laugh-out-loud writing!
Christy: I’ve had a decent amount of five-star books this year. But my first was The Cousins by Karen McManus.
4. What is a place you’d like to visit because you read about it in a book? It can be a fictional or nonfictional place.
Claire: I know this is cheating, but I’d love to go to back in time to Victorian London to catch up with Will, Tessa and Jen from the Infernal Devices series.
Christy: I’ve been to Italy, and am ethnically Italian, but I’ve never been to Florence before. I loved reading about the city in Love & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch.
5. Which character from a book would you like to trade places with for a day?
Claire: This is a hard one, but I’d love to be Audrey Rose from the Stalking Jack the Ripper series. She had so many fun adventures— especially in Romania.
Christy: This is probably a strange answer, but probably Cassie Hobbes from The Naturals series by Jennifer Lynn Barnes. It’s so cool that she gets to be in an FBI program, plus I related to her a lot throughout the books.
6. What book would you change the ending to?
Claire: Divergent, hands down. The ending to the last book destroyed me and gave me major trust issues.
Christy: The Divergent series 100%. I was gutted at the end of Allegiant.
7. What is one of your favorite tropes and a book that does it well?
Claire: Enemies-to-lovers is my favorite trope of all time and there are so many good ones! The most recent I can think of is These Violent Delights by Chloe Gong.
Christy: I like a lot of romance tropes, but I especially love when fake dating is done well. The best fake dating book is The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West.
8. Who is a secondary character you adore and deserves a book of their own?
Claire: I’ve always wanted Kitty from To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before to get her own series.
Christy: It would be fun to get a book about Mohammed from the London Prep series.
9. What is your favorite retelling?
Claire: I love anything Pride and Prejudice, so if it’s based on that, I’m guaranteed to love it.
Christy: Like Claire, I loved Glimpsed by G.F. Miller. This unique take on Cinderella and the Fairy God Mother was so fun.
10. What is one reading goal you have for the remainder of the year?
Claire: I really want to read more rom-coms. I’ve been reading a lot of thrillers lately and want to switch it up!
Christy: We’ve started to request a lot more books on NetGalley recently. It would be great to get accepted for more and get up to 50 reviews on the website.
- What’s your most anticipated book release of 2022?
- What is your reading goal for 2021? How close are you to achieving it?
- If you could go on a date with any book character, who would it be?
- What is a place you’d like to visit because you read about it in a book? It can be a fictional or nonfictional place.
- Have you ever dressed as a book character for Halloween? If so, who did you go as?
- Do you prefer physical, digital or audio books?
- What is your favorite underrated book?
- Have you ever met one of your favorite authors? If so, who?
- If you could turn any book into a movie or TV show, which book would it be?
- Which book character do you relate to most?